Rules and Regulations
Elite Player Performance Plan
Youth Development Plan
The Youth Development Plan was implemented to improve the enjoyment, fun, and development of young players. These are set rules and regulations and changes to the system of youth development. We strongly advise you to be aware of all changes set out in the Youth Development Plan but if you want to read on topics specifically related to football scouting, please refer to pages 73-90.
The FA, Premier League, and the Football League have various rules and regulations in place that relate to football betting, which not only does it affect all football scouts, but also players, managers, coaches, club medical staff and other participants such as Licensed football agents. This can be in the form of all football related betting such as in-play betting or using inside information to match fix.
dfdf As a football scout, it is your responsibility to ensure that you adhere to these rules of betting as sometimes you may be placed in situations which enable you to generate money from betting activity. This is detrimental to the beautiful game so it is extremely important that in every football match both teams and players are playing to their best of ability with a clear intention of winning the game without any conflicting third party influences.
As a football professional, it is also important to ensure that all clubs and football professionals are treated with respect particularly through betting that is not match related. For example, betting on a club to be relegated from their respective football league is not permitted along with betting on a manager to exit their role is also not permitted.
Please find below a list of rules and regulations in place against football betting activity:
- Betting can be done online, over the telephone, in a betting shop or even with friends.
- You are not allowed to place any bet on a game involving your club.
- You are not allowed to place any bet on a game in a competition (such as cup competitions or the league itself) in which your club plays.
- This includes competitions that your club is due to play in but has not yet started and competitions that your club has been knocked out of.
- You are not allowed to place a bet on a game or competition in which you have any influence, either direct or indirect.
- You are not allowed to bet on any under 18 match.
- You are not allowed to ask or instruct anyone to place any of the bets above on your behalf.
- The above includes all bets related to the following:
- The result of a particular match, matches or the competition itself.
- Any events in the progress of a match or matches (for example, number of red/yellow cards, corners etc).
- Any other events involving your club or other clubs playing in the same league competition (such as next manager markets).
- All Employees of a Club are deemed to participate in every Match played by that Club while they are so employed.